ADVANCE BASE CAMP TREK
After an insightful sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, you will take a flight to Tibet – the Forbidden Land.
Trip Duration :21 Days
Highest Altitude :N/A m.
Activity :Tibet Trekking
After an insightful sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, you will take a flight to Tibet – the Forbidden Land. Tibet, with an average altitude in excess of 3500 meters, is the highest plateau in the world. Lying to the north of the great Himalayan range, Tibet is more or less an untamed land of nomads (drokpas), monasteries and high altitude desert that seem to stretch endlessly. Driving overland past the Tibetan plateau (‘Roof of the world’), you encounter a picturesque mosaic of Tibetan settlements, nomadic herdsmen, ancient monasteries, high Mountain passes, wide arid plains and awe-inspiring mountain views. After reaching Rongbuk, you prepare yourself for the world’s highest trek that takes you as close to the summit of Mount Everest as any non-climber can go without using any technical climbing gears and without mountaineering skill. This is an incredible adventure trek along surreally sculpted Rongbuk Glacier to the Advance Base Camp for the north Col route up Mount Everest (8848m). As there won’t be any expeditions during autumn, the Base Camp and Advance Base Camp of Mount Everest (North side) will be virtually empty, devoid of the usual climbing crowd. It may be just you and your guides trekking alone on the mountain. So savor this special moment of having the entire mountain to yourself. Note: This trek will be led by an experienced mountain Sherpa guide. If the group is large, a Western guide may lead the trek.
|Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu|
|Day 2 : Sightseeing tour|
|Day 3 : Fly to Lhasa (3660m).|
|Day 4 : Sightseeing in Lhasa.|
|Day 5 : Sightseeing in Lhasa.|
|Day 6 : Drive to Gyantse (3950m) / 261km.|
|Day 7 : Drive to Shigatse (3900m) / 90km.|
|Day 8 : Drive to Shegar (4050m)/ 244km.|
|Day 9 : Drive to Rongbuk (5000m) 68km.|
|Day 10 : At Base Camp.|
|Day 11 : At Base Camp.|
|Day 12 : Trek from Everest Base Camp to Camp 1 (5460m).|
|Day 13 : Trek to Camp II (Interim Camp) (5760m).|
|Day 14 : Rest day at Camp II (Interim Camp) (5760m).|
|Day 15 : Trek to Camp III (6340m).|
|Day 16 : Excursion to Advance BC (6400m), back to Camp III.|
|Day 17 : Return to Base Camp.|
|Day 18 : Drive to Nyalam (3750m)/ (215km).|
|Day 19 : Drive to Kathmandu.|
|Day 20 : Free day in Kathmandu.|
|Day 21 : Depart Kathmandu.|
- 4 nights room accommodation as per your choice of hotels in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis.
- Hotels as per your choice in Lhasa and best available en- route on bed and breakfast basis.
- All guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa, with entry fees.
- Kathmandu / Lhasa airfare.
- Tibet visa and Tibet Travelling permit.
- Special permit for Everest Advance Base camp.
- Transportation by van in Tibet.
- Fully catered camping trek supported by Nepalese (Sherpa) crew and Tibetan guide.
- Required yaks and yak drivers during trek.
- Airport transfers.
- PAC bag (Portable Altitude Chamber) & first aid medical kit.
- Lunch and dinner during hotel stay in Kathmandu and Tibet.
- International airfare.
- Any cost incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason (usually insurance covers this expense).
- Nepal visa.
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature.
- Your insurance.
|Departure Dates Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Minimum rate|
Booking Date Not Available !