BEIJING, LHASA & KATHMANDU OVERLAND TOUR
The Beijing, Lhasa and Kathmandu Overland tour commences in Beijing, a city in Northern China.
Trip Duration :17 Days
Highest Altitude :5000 m.
Activity :Tibet Tour
The Beijing, Lhasa and Kathmandu Overland tour commences in Beijing, a city in Northern China. Beijing, an ancient capital and a bustling modern metropolis is a city of amazing contrasts. In Beijing some incredible historical sites awaits you. On a guided tour, you explore the Forbidden City, the Tiananmen Square, the Great Wall of China and the Temple of Heaven.
After completing the Beijing tour, you embark on a train journey to Lhasa, aboard the world’s highest railway, the Qinghai-Tibet railway. As the train trundles along the high Tibetan plateau, picturesque scenes of Tibetan countryside whiz by. Owing to Tibet’s high altitude the train to Lhasa from Beijing has been equipped with oxygen-supplying equipments. Oxygen masks are available for those who are prone to altitude sickness. You will be taken on a guided tour to all the city’s major attractions during your Lhasa tour.. These include Potala Palace, Sera Monastery, and Norbulingka etc. Excursions to important Tibetan cities of Shigatse, Gyantse and Shegar are also included in your itinerary. On reaching Rongbuk from Lhasa, you get to view the world’s highest mountain Mount Everest. As you leave Zhangmu and cross the Friendship Bridge you enter Nepal. There is a refreshing change in scenery, as verdant greenery replaces the dry and arid Tibetan landscape.
|Day 1 : ARRIVE BEIJING|
|Day 2 : SIGHTSEEING IN BEIJING|
|Day 3 : SIGHTSEEING IN BEIJING|
|Day 4 : VISIT TO TEMPLE OF HEAVEN / BOARD THE TRAIN TO LHASA [3650M]|
|Day 5 : ON BOARD THE SKY TRAIN|
|Day 6 : ARRIVE IN LHASA [3650M]|
|Day 7 : SIGHTSEEING IN LHASA|
|Day 8 : SIGHTSEEING IN LHASA|
|Day 9 : FREE DAY IN LHASA|
|Day 10 : DRIVE TO GYANTSE [3950M] 261KM|
|Day 11 : DRIVE TO SHIGATSE [3900M] 90KM|
|Day 12 : SIGHTSEEING AND DRIVE TO SHGAR [4050M] 244KM|
|Day 13 : DRIVE TO RONGBUK [5000M] 68KM|
|Day 14 : DRIVE TO ZHANGMU [2300M] 181KM|
|Day 15 : DRIVE TO KATHMANDU [1400M] 123KM|
|Day 16 : SIGHTSEEING IN KATHMANDU|
|Day 17 : DEPARTURE|
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at the airport by our office representative.
- Guided sightseeing tour including a visit to the Great Wall in Beijing.
- Lhasa / Beijing train fare (soft sleeper; if unavailable would opt for hard sleeper and refund the difference).
- 14 nights / 15 days Tibet Overland tour as per your choice of hotels in Beijing and in Tibet on bed & breakfast basis.
- Transportation by van in Tibet.
- Sightseeing tours with English speaking local Tibetan guide.
- All entry fees.
- Tibet travel permit and airport transfers.
- 02 nights room accommodation as per your choice of Hotels in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast basis.
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with local language speaking guide and entrance fees.
- Kodari – Kathmandu transfers.
- Farewell dinner at local restaurant with cultural dance show.
- Tibet / Chinese Visa fee [as above].
- All personal expenses like telephone calls, tips, shopping, laundry, cold/hard drinks etc.
- Service which are not mentioned above inclusion part.
- Any meals.
- Evacuation cost, travel insurance.
- Extra cost incurred in or due to unforeseen reasons such as road blockage due to landslide, heavy snowfall, extra night stay mentioned than above etc.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
|Departure Dates Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Minimum rate|
Booking Date Not Available !