This trek is a perfect introduction to the Everest Khumbu area, perhaps the most famous.
Trip Duration :12 Days
Highest Altitude :N/A m.
Activity :Nepal Trekking
This trek is a perfect introduction to the Everest Khumbu area, perhaps the most famous region in the entire Himalaya. Without going to altitude extremes, we visit Sherpa villages and Thyangboche monastery, which offers views of Mt. Everest rising behind the Lhotse-Nuptse wall. Flying in from Kathmandu we descend amid an incredible mountain landscape to the remote yet bustling mountain airstrip at Lukla. Met by our trekking crew we head up the Dudh Kosi Valley to the main Sherpa market town of Namche Bazaar, set in a natural bowl surrounded by glistening snow-capped peaks. Here we acclimatise whilst visiting the nearby traditional villages of Thame, Kunde and Khumjung. Heading further up the valley, through forest we arrive at the famous Buddhist monastery of Thyangboche, “The Great High Place” where Everest Summiteers seek blessings before their attempts. The Himalayan giants, including Everest and Ama Dablam, tower above this valley, a dramatic and inspiring place. We have a day to visit Pangboche and the oldest monastery in the Khumbu region before following a slightly different route back to Namche Bazaar and onto Lukla. Our early morning mountain flight to Kathmandu is a fitting climax to a fantastic trek.
|Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu|
|Day 2 : Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu|
|Day 3 : Fly to Lukla (2880m) and trek to Phakding (2652m)|
|Day 4 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3445m)|
|Day 5 : Day at acclimatization (3445m)|
|Day 6 : Trek to Kunde (3840m)|
|Day 7 : Trek to Thyangboche (3860m)|
|Day 8 : Excursion to Pangboche and trek back to Thyangboche (3860m)|
|Day 9 : Trek to Monjo (2835m)|
|Day 10 : Trek to Lukla (2880m)|
|Day 11 : Fly to Kathmandu|
|Day 12 : Final departure|
- Assisted upon arrival at the airport by our office representative.
- All arrival and departure transfers as per the itinerary by a/c vehicles.
- 03 nights twin/double room accommodation as per your choice of Hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast basis.
- 08 nights / 09 days trek arrangements on full board basis including guide and porter using Lodges en-route as per the itinerary.
- All sightseeing tours mentioned above itinerary in Kathmandu with our local English speaking guide including entrance fees.
- Sagarmatha Conservation Area Project fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System.
- Equipment clothing for porters and staff only.
- Insurance for all Nepali staff and porters.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu with airport transfers.
- All applicable taxes presently 24.3%.
- International Airfare and taxes.
- Personal expenses.
- Any transportation cost outside of the regular itinerary.
- Extra baggage charges.
- Personal gears and clothing.
- Tips, any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation, table drinks, snacks while trekking.
- Any insurance.
|Departure Dates Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Minimum rate|
Booking Date Not Available !