KAILASH MANSAROVAR YATRA VIA ZHANGMU
Mt. Kailash, 6,740m. is situated to the north of the Himalayan barrier, wholly within Tibet.
Trip Duration :14 Days
Highest Altitude :N/A m.
Activity :Tibet Tour
Mt. Kailash, 6,740m. is situated to the north of the Himalayan barrier, wholly within Tibet. Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Zhangmu offers a great opportunity to witness this perfect mountain with awesome beauty, with 4 great faces. It is the spiritual entry for four great religions: Tibetan Buddhism, Hinduism, the Jain religion and the pre-Buddhist animistic religion – Bonpo. To Tibetans it is known as Khang Rimpoche (Precious Jewel of Snow) and they see it as the navel of the world. It is said that a stream from the mountain pours into a nearby lake and from here rivers flow in the four cardinal directions. The River of the Lion Mouth to the North, the River of the Horse Mouth to the east, the River of the Peacock Mouth to the south and the River of the Elephant Mouth to the West. Strangely enough, four major rivers do indeed originate near Kailash, the Indus, the Yarlung Tsangpo (Brahmaputra), the Karnali and the Sutlej. Tibetans believe that it is the residence of Demchog, a fierce looking tantric deity who lives there with his consort, Dorje Phagmo. For the Tibetans also, it is a particularly special place in that their poet saint Milarepa, spent several years here meditating in a cave.
For the Hindus Mount Kailash is the earthly manifestation of Mt. Meru, their spiritual centre of the universe, described as a fantastic ‘world pillar’ 84,000 miles high, around which all else revolves, its roots in the lowest hell and its summit kissing the heavens. Kailahs Mansarovar tour via Zhangmu therefore is a popular pilgrimage tour among followers of Hindu religion. On the top live their most revered God, Shiva, and his consort Parvati. For the Jains, an Indian religious group, Kailash is the site where their first prophet achieved enlightenment. For the older, more ancient religion of Bon, it is the site where its founder Shanrab is said to have descended from heaven. It was formerly the spiritual center of Zhang Zung, the ancient Bon Empire that once included all of western Tibet. Bon people walk around the mountain in a counter clockwise manner, unlike the other religions. Over the centuries pilgrims have constantly journeyed immense distances to achieve enlightenment or cleanse themselves of sin, braving enormous distances, particularly harsh weather and bandit attacks.
|Day 1 : ARRIVE KATHMANDU|
|Day 2 : KATHMANDU SIGHTSEEING|
|Day 3 : DRIVE TO KATHMANDU ~ KODARI ~ ZHANGMU ~ NYALAM|
|Day 4 : IN NYALAM|
|Day 5 : DRIVE TO NYALAM ~ SAGA|
|Day 6 : DRIVE TO SAGA ~ PARYANG|
|Day 7 : DRIVE TO PARYANG ~ DARCHEN|
|Day 8 : DRIVE TO DARCHEN ~ CHHU GOMPA|
|Day 9 : DRIVE TO CHHU GOMPA ~ TARBOCHE ~ DIRAPUK|
|Day 10 : DRIVE TO DIRAPUK ~ ZUTHULPHUK|
|Day 11 : DRIVE TO ZUTHULPHUK ~ PRAYANG|
|Day 12 : DRIVE TO PARYANG ~ SAGA ~ NYALAM|
|Day 13 : DRIVE NYALAM ~ ZHANGMU ~ KODARI ~ KATHMANDU|
|Day 14 : DEPARTURE|
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at the airport by our office representative.
- All arrival and departure transfers as per the itinerary by a/c vehicles.
- 3 Nights twin/double room accommodation as per the above hotel in Kathmandu on full board basis [fully vegetarian meals].
- Accommodation in Tibet with breakfast lunch & dinner [Pure veg. Meals] using Guest Houses except during Kailash Parikarma accommodation will be at Tented camp.
- Mineral water throughout the Kailash Yatra.
- Kathmandu / Kodari / Kathmandu transfer by coach.
- In Tibet, all land transfers by as per the above mentioned vehicle [in 4WD vehicle 4 person should be accommodated in each land cruiser].
- Support truck to carry luggage, food and equipment etc.
- Yak & Yak men for trekking equipment and food during Kailash Parikarma.
- One half-day Kathmandu sightseeing tour as per the itinerary with our local English speaking guide including entrance fees.
- Highly qualified and experienced Sherpa staff throughout the trip.
- Tibetan guide.
- All camping gears as per the itinerary.
- Air compressor bag [Gammo bag].
- First Aid Kit.
- Oxygen cylinder.
- Tibet travel permit.
- Local mobile [Chinese SIM card will be available on request].
- Windcheater jacket, duffle bag, certificate from company after completion of the tour, Manasarovar water etc.
- Farewell dinner at local restaurant with cultural dance show.
- Tibet / Chinese Visa fee [as above].
- All personal expenses like telephone calls, tips, shopping, laundry, cold/hard drinks etc.
- Personal call from Mobile phones, there will be charge as per the use.
- Personal use of pony/porter during Parikarma [Kora] & Tipping.
- Service which are not mentioned above inclusion part.
- Extra baggEvacuation cost, travel insurance.
- Extra cost incurred in or due to unforeseen reasons such as road blockage due to landslide, heavy snowfall, extra night stay mentioned than above etc.
|Departure Dates Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Minimum rate|
Booking Date Not Available !