LHASA & MOUNT KAILASH TOUR
Mount Kailash, located in far west corner of Tibet is the most sacred peak of Asia.
Trip Duration :19 Days
Highest Altitude :5630 m.
Activity :Tibet Tour
Mount Kailash, located in far west corner of Tibet is the most sacred peak of Asia. The beauty of the 6700m high Mount Kailash, that looks like a symmetrical cone shaped rock capped by pure crystalline ice all the time, is echoed in various mythological and literary works. Mount Kailash tour is very popular among both tourists and pilgrims. Dominating the north of the Himalayan Barrier with its spectacular view, the Mount Kailash or Mt. Kailas is equally venerated as the holiest pilgrimage site by Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and Bön-Po. Tibetans regard this mountain as the manifestation of Mount Meru, “The navel of the Earth” where founder of Bon religion, Tonpa Shenrab, is believed to have descended from heaven, Hindus as the abode of Lord Shiva, Buddhists as the abode of Samvara and Jains as a scared site where their prophet, Rishaba attained spiritual enlightenment. With its four sheer walls, distinctive snow-capped peak, and valleys interspersed with brightly-clad Tibetan pilgrims, Mount Kailash or Kang Rimpoche (‘precious snow-peak’, as known by the Tibetans) is an awe-inspiring sight. Four great rivers of Asia: the Karnali, the Indus, the Sutlej and the Brahmaputra (Tsangpo) originate from here. A three-day trek (Parikrama or Kora) around Mount Kailash over a 5630m Drolma La (pass), clockwise for Buddhists and Hindus, and anti-clockwise followers of the ancient Bon religion, is said to erase the sins of a lifetime.
To complete the Kailash pilgrimage one should bath in the sacred Lake Manasarovar, stunningly set on the Tibetan plateau bordered by the majestic Gurla Mandata. Taking a bath in the sacred lake Mansarovar is one of the most essential parts of the Mount Kailash tour. On the journey to Mt. Kailash across the windswept Tibetan plateau, you will see cliff-top monasteries, wild-looking but hardy and hospitable Tibetans, yak caravans journeying over snowy passes, and the great peaks of the Himalaya with a foreground of grazing herds, yak skin tents and a glittering turquoise lake. Journeying through Norbulingka, Sera and Drepung monasteries, Potala Palace, Jokhang temple and Barkhor markets, you gain in-depth understanding of Tibetan ancient cultures and civilizations. On this expertly guided overland tour to Mount Kailash on 4WD land cruiser, you get to explore colorful mosaic of Tibetan arts, crafts, history, culture, custom, tradition, lifestyle and cuisine and in the process attain profound spirituality. You become a witness to a host of indigenous cultures on your tour to Lhasa Gyantse, Shigatse and other significant en route cities. Further drive across the wide open spaces of the Tibetan Plateau brings you to Lake Manasarovar, before completing a kora around Mt Kailash. From there, you re-cross the vast arid plains before heading south to the Nepalese border and returning to Kathmandu.
Mount Kailash tour is truly the trip of a lifetime with stunning scenery and cultural highlights. You can join this trip either in Lhasa or Kathmandu or from Beijing or Chengdu. The tour starts with a comprehensive trip briefing in Kathmandu followed by a sensational trans Himalayan flight to Lhasa that passes over Mt. Everest and many highest peaks of the world (if you join the tour in Kathmandu). In case you wish to start the tour in Lhasa arriving from anywhere in mainland China or taking a new train from Beijing you will be briefed about the tour by your Tibetan Guide.
|Day 1 : Arrive Lhasa (3660 meters).|
|Day 2 : Sightseeing tour.|
|Day 3 : Sightseeing tour.|
|Day 4 : Free day in Lhasa.|
|Day 5 : Drive to Gyantse (3950m).|
|Day 6 : Sightseeing tour and drive to Shigatse (3900m).|
|Day 7 : Sightseeing tour & drive to Lhatse (4050m).|
|Day 8 : Drive to Saga (4600m).|
|Day 9 : Drive to Paryang (4750m).|
|Day 10 : Drive to Mansarovar (4560m).|
|Day 11 : At Mansarovar (4560m).|
|Day 12 : Drive to Tarboche (4750m).|
|Day 13 : Trek to Dira-puk (4900m).|
|Day 14 : Trek across Droma La (5630m) to Zutul-Puk (4790m).|
|Day 15 : Trek to Darchen (4560m) and drive to Mansarovar.|
|Day 16 : Drive to Paryang (4750m).|
|Day 17 : Drive to Saga (4600m).|
|Day 18 : Drive to Nyalam.|
|Day 19 : Drive to Kathmandu (1400m).|
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at the airport by our Tibetan office representative.
- Accommodation in Tibet with breakfast lunch & dinner [Pure veg. Meals] using hotel and Guest Houses except during Kailash Parikarma accommodation will be at Tented camp.
- Mineral water throughout the Kailash Yatra.
- In Tibet, all land transfers as per the itinerary by 4WD vehicle, 4 persons should be accommodated in each land cruiser.
- Support truck to carry luggage, food and equipment etc.
- Yak & Yak men for trekking equipment and food during Kailash Parikarma.
- Highly qualified and experienced Sherpa staff throughout the trip.
- Tibetan guide.
- All camping gears as per the itinerary.
- Air compressor bag [Gammo bag].
- First Aid Kit.
- Oxygen cylinder.
- Tibet travel permit.
- Satellite Phone (will be charged as per the use).
- Local Mobile [Chinese] (will be charged as per the use).
- Walky talky, Windcheater Jacket, Duffle bag and certificates.
- Windcheater jacket, duffle bag, certificate from company after completion of the tour, Manasarovar water etc.
- Kodari-Kathmandu transfer.
- Accommodation in Nepal.
- Any arrangement in Nepal [please advise the tour joining place].
- Tibet / Chinese Visa fee [as above].
- All personal expenses like telephone calls, tips, shopping, laundry, cold/hard drinks etc.
- Personal call from Mobile phones, there will be charge as per the use.
- Personal use of pony/porter during Parikarma [Kora] & Tipping.
- Service which are not mentioned above inclusion part.
- Evacuation cost, travel insurance.
- Extra cost incurred in or due to unforeseen reasons such as road blockage due to landslide, heavy snowfall, extra night stay mentioned than above etc.
|Departure Dates Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Minimum rate|
Booking Date Not Available !